Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Break

Alrighty, folks. I promise that this time, I actually have a good excuse for not updating -- I'm on spring break. So far it has been wonderful... my friend J came to visit me at my home, and we got to enjoy a four course meal for only 97 hriven at my favorite restaurant! We walked a lot, and went to the bazaar... it was all over absolutely wonderful.

On Sunday, we ventured two hours north (by train) to the city of Rivne. We went a little crazy... they have a mall there, sushi, a real Italian restaurant, and everything is very accessible which was wonderful. We got there around 11 or 12 and just began wandering around... it was very nice!



Monday included the two of us teaching on of my English clubs, which was charming but a little unrefined considering that we hadn't done the most preparation. In the afternoon we traveled to my friend's village. How did we get there? Well naturally the man who was selling us oranges had a car and when we asked how to get there, he offered. This is why villages are the best!

Today is Tuesday and we we spent the day wandering around the village and meeting my friend's charming students as well as finding an abundance of... large animal jaw bones? I'm not sure where they've come from, but they seem to be everywhere! Additionally, I fell down a muddy hill on my ass. It was quite amusing for my friend, I assure you.


Hopefully that is satisfying for now! I will update as soon as I can! 



No comments:

Post a Comment